General Requirements for Admission
View the FSU Graduate School requirements.
Admission to the Program in Neuroscience is based on a combination of factors including:
- Undergraduate upper-division and overall GPA and, if applicable, graduate GPA.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (for those who do not seek a GRE waiver).
- Strong letters of recommendation.
- Prior relevant research and life experiences.
- The applicant’s personal and diversity statements.
- A good match between the prospective student and Program in Neuroscience faculty interests. Applicants should carefully consider faculty they would like to work with prior to completing the graduate application. Applicants should be prepared to list three faculty whose research best fits their own interests and experiences on the application.